2020 Public Holidays VIC are referred to as the stress buster to the students, staff as well as parents. These are the days when schools or workplaces are closed. They are set free from their work to enjoy the holidays. Public holidays are the days when schools or offices are closed for a day. These occur once a year on some particular day. Holidays are of following uses:
• These give the child adventurous time to spend and explore various places to visit with their friends.
• Holidays are the stress relief to children. These provide them with time for themselves to be free from their daily schedule and homework.
• Holidays make the child learn and create their activities. These make them master whatever they are interested in, perform their hobbies.
• The staff members, students, and parents are free from their regular chores and get enough time to spend with their loved ones.
There is a state in the southeastern part of Australia well known by name Victoria. Victoria is the smallest mainland state and its second-most populous state. Most of its state lives in the area surrounding Port Philip Way. The capital of Victoria in Melbourne. It is Australia’s second-largest city. Below are some public holidays mentioned in the year 2020. These dates may be modified according to any change in the official calendar. So be updated to changes.
VIC Public Holidays 2020
|New Year’s Day||Wednesday, 1 January 2020|
|Australian Day||Monday, 27 January 2020|
|Labour Day||Monday, 9 March 2020|
|Good Friday||Friday, 10 April 2020|
|Day Following Good Friday||Saturday, 11 April 2020|
|Easter Sunday||Sunday, 12 April 2020|
|Easter Monday||Monday, 13 April 2020|
|Anzac Day||Saturday, 25 April 2020|
|Queen’s Birthday||Monday, 8 June 2020|
|AFL Grand Final Holiday||TBA (subject to AFL schedule)|
|Melbourne Cup Day*||Tuesday, 3 November 2020|
|Christmas Day||Friday, 25 December 2020|
|Boxing Day||Monday, 28 December 2020|
Melbourne Cup Day: It should be noted that on the day of Melbourne Cup Day, Public holiday is observed only in some of the areas.
1 Jan Wed – New Year’s Day
27 Jan Mon – Australia Day Holiday
9 Mar Mon – Labour Day
10 Apr Fri – Good Friday
11 Apr Sat – Day following Good Friday
12 Apr Sun – Easter Sunday
13 Apr Mon – Easter Monday
25 Apr Sat – Anzac Day
8 Jun Mon – Queen’s Birthday
TBA AFL – Grand Final Friday
3 Nov Tue – Melbourne Cup Day
25 Dec Fri – Christmas Day
26 Dec Sat – Boxing Day
28 Dec Mon – Boxing Day Holiday
VIC Public Holidays Calendar 2020
Now below the description about each public holiday has been given that about what these holidays are?
1. NEW YEAR DAY: the fireworks and firecrackers, dragons, etc. will enlighten the night that represent the day of New Year. This welcomes the New Year by parties and enjoyment.
2. AUSTRALIA DAY: this is the official national day in Australia. Australia Day is celebrated as the anniversary of 1788 arrival of the first fleet of British sheep
3. LABOUR DAY: it commemorates the achievement of the Australian labor movement. It contributes a tribute to workers for their strength, prosperity, and hard work.
4. GOOD FRIDAY: it is a festival of Jesus where Good Friday is a day of mourning as Jesus Christ was crucified on this Friday which is known as Black Friday.
5. EASTER SUNDAY: Easter is a significant event in the Christian calendar. It is celebrated to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ after death.
6. EASTER MONDAY: Easters are celebrated with great enjoyment and creation. This day is celebrated as a holiday in many Christian cultures for the resurrection of Jesus Christ after death.
7. ANZAC DAY: this day stands for Australia and New Zealand cops. The pride that these cops took during the allied expedition has been till date on this day and is celebrated as a holiday.
8. QUEEN’S BIRTHDAY: this day is celebrated as the official holiday for the Australians. It is considered as the constitutional monarchy for the day. Governor Arthur Philip declared this day as a holiday.
9. AFL GRAND FINAL DAY: it is the annual Australian Rules football match. It is mostly held on final Saturday in September at Melbourne Cricket ground, Australia, to determine AFL premiers for that year.
10. MELBOURNE CUP DAY: it is held on first Tuesday in November and is one of the most famous horse races in the world. MELBOURNE CUP DAY is celebrated with a public holiday for Victoria State. The Melbourne cup is the official race day.
11. CHRISTMAS DAY: this day worships the birth of Jesus Christ. It celebrates the origin of Jesus. The Christians along the nation celebrate it with great joy, pleasure, and happiness.
12. BOXING DAY: this day refers to holiday gifts. Boxing Day is the day for servants and workers where they receive a gift after Christmas as a Christmas gift. On this day, servants go to their families to give them ‘Christmas Box.’
Above are the description of the public holidays that have been celebrated in Victoria, Australia, in the year 2020. These are the official calendar about holidays but may vary so be consulted to the updates.